Friday, December 11, 2009

Hello. I'm going crazy...two blogs in one week! Whoopee Doopee!

I stumbled into an interesting little twilight zone last night. I shot pool with the Eagles team at a neighborhood bar on the west side of Sioux Town. It was so foreign to me, I might as well have been on another planet. Being in the bar business and considering how small this town is, I assumed the crowd would be familiar. There were a couple of regulars that I know, but for the most part I was the stranger.

I do enjoy shooting pool on a bar table after playing on the RATSO snooker table. Everything is so close...and BIG! I still only won one game. I'm a clean freak. This place was not clean. It's hard for me to get comfortable. I had to wonder, "Why would anyone choose to drink in this place?" We had no choice because it was the designated pool stop. Apparently some people don't mind slopping around in other people's 'stuff' while they get a buzz on. Drinks were cheap, but the smell of cat piss took its toll.

I have to take my 80-year-old mother to a doctor today. She fell. Life is odd. When we're young our parents take us to the doctor. When we get older, we return the favor. Maybe I should take her out for a treat afterwards... that's what she did for me. I'm not sure I'll make it to 80. I burn up the days like they are endless. You've heard of dog years, 1 year is like 7 years for a dog. I'm thinking about changing my name to Fido. Question for next time, "Do you know a dog named Fido?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home