Thursday, January 12, 2006

Music truly is the universal language. My club hosts a live music jam session every Wednesday night. It's great to hear musicians step up and play or sing. The talent is amazing for a small city in western Iowa. Strangers getting on stage and playing together for the first time. Some of the jams sound like the players have been rehearsing for months. A blues player got up last night with a group of hard rockers...and fit in. How cool is that? I only play slightly. It amazes me that these muiscians can throw out a tune in the key of "G" and they all know what's up. I am fortunate enough to see world class bands on a regular basis, yet jam night is becoming my favorite night of the week. Sometimes I enjoy a little too much for a week night. I've been experimenting with spirits for 30 years, trying to determine where the line is between a good buzz and falling over the edge. You think you see it on the dark horizon, but you want a closer look. Closer, closer, closer...too close. You're on the bottom looking up again. I guess I'll keep practicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home