Monday, January 16, 2006

I love Saturday and Sunday. I think I should stop working my graphics job on Mondays too. Then I'd only want another day off though, and soon I wouldn't be working at all on my graphics. I watched a football game Sunday between Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. Even though these professional athletes are overpaid, they are still humans filled with emotions just like the rest of us. Within a 2 minute time frame both teams went from thinking they won the game to thinking they lost the game and back. I'd hate to be a kicker. I guess we all feel like the kicker that misses a game winning field goal from time to time. The average person's "miss" is just as tough to handle, maybe worse...the pro kicker still cashes a huge paycheck. We had great music in our club this weekend. The JRZ System, Nick Moss and the Fliptops and the Jesse Lang band. I highly recommend taking the time and spending the money to catch any of these acts. You won't be disappointed. Speaking of spending money...why would someone sit at home, read or hear about some entertainment, get dolled up and head out into the night to catch the show, get to the venue and walk away because of a small cover charge? Is your pleasure not worth $5 or $10 bucks. I'd hate to think that a person would deny themselves life's pleasures for so little. Next time, go ahead, you're worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Speaking of spending money...why would someone sit at home, read or hear about some entertainment, get dolled up and head out into the night to catch the show, get to the venue and walk away because of a small cover charge? Is your pleasure not worth $5 or $10 bucks. I'd hate to think that a person would deny themselves life's pleasures for so little."

Because when confronted with the fact of dropped $10 on a show you're not sure you'll even like or using it to feed your family for two meals, generally the practical choice wins.

I'd love to get out more often, however money isn't that plentiful, and combined with too-loud music, it's just healthier and cheaper to stay home and remember the good old days.

Fri Dec 14, 01:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home