Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I've been trying to write a blog all week, but I keep deleting them. There are some things I can't put out there for everyone to see. Writing helps me sort things out but I think I'll keep deleting for now. I guess we all have things that we don't put out there for everyone to see. Whether it's in a blog, or just on our faces, we all have some stuff that we keep inside. Nobody wants to be totally exposed for who they really are. I have things that I have kept secret since my childhood. Things that only a small group of people know and I want to keep it that way. Does everyone have dark secrets? I have always thought they did since I do, but I might be wrong.

I know that most people are not exposed for everything they are. Think about it. We all know someone that we met in our adult years. We never knew them as young children. We don't know their parents, their siblings. We didn't see the house they grew up in. We didn't see them cry to their mother when they didn't get picked to play ball. We didn't see them wet the bed when they were 12 years old. We didn't see them stealing Playboy magazine from the drug store or break a window in the neighbors car. Everyone becomes someone different from their childhood through their adult years. I know that I did.

What would things be like if we could go to the "library of life" and look at a video or read a book that details a person's life? It would be bad. I don't think people would have as many close friends as we do now. It would take years before people fell in love. So much for love at first sight. Getting a job would be next to impossible. Imagine walking into a room knowing that everyone knows everything about you. Weird huh?

We could actually find out what we were like from the day we were born. I think there is a reason this is not possible. Humans are self-conscious enough. I don't think we need to know how we handled potty training. I can only remember select things from my childhood. The first real memory I have must have been when I was 4 or 5 years old. I've been told that the older you get, more memories come back to you. I struggle enough with yesterday, I don't need to deal with some babysitter wiping my butt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home