Monday, October 29, 2007

I have said many times, "if you can't trust a man's word, he isn't worth much." Being trustworthy is one of the most important traits a person can possess. Betraying a person's trust is worse than causing them bodily harm because it reaches into their heart and soul. It can happen without even realizing the damage you are doing. When you do finally realize, it's too late, the damage is done.

I have made many mistakes in my lifetime. The biggest mistakes I have made are a result of not thinking about the consequences of my actions. I become blinded by my own indulgences. I have mentioned in previous blogs that I don't relate to people on a very personal level. I have always thought that taking things too seriously or worrying what others think about you is wrong. Now I'm not so sure I was right. It might be a weak way to get through life. It seemed to be safe. If you don't get too involved with people it will be easier to move on without them. It's easier to get over them hurting you. Unfortunately it's also easier to hurt them.

It has only been within the last few months that I have realized these things about myself. My mother has been like this as long as I can remember. My wife and I have commented different times about how heartless my mother can be. At the same time my mother goes above and beyond to help friends and family. She just keeps her emotional distance.

I've never thought of myself as heartless, but maybe I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home