Friday, October 12, 2007

I spent some time this week working around my house. In fact I stayed home all day yesterday and trimmed bushes, cleaned the garage and general winter-prep stuff. It feels really good! I think getting things in your life in order, no matter how small, is great brain therapy. Since I'm grounded without wheels, I plan to get more things done around the house this month. The feeling of accomplishment is cool. It is an added bonus to have the yard and the garage look so nice too!

My inability to legally drive is starting to infringe on the people around me as well. I wonder if the authorities think about the damage they do to someones life with their punishments. If I had caused some real damage to someone or something, I would agree with the punishment. I didn't break any other law. I was not even charged with a traffic violation. Yet, I am treated like a common criminal. In fact, drunk driving penalties are worse than those a child molester receives. They don't lose their license, which impacts your ability to earn a living. Their insurance doesn't increase which puts a family in serious financial stress. Think about it, a guy does no harm to another person and has their day-to-day life turned upside down and another guy destroys a young child's hopes and dreams forever and they are released with the same amount of probation. INSANITY!!! I just read in the local newspaper about a convicted child molester who received a 3 year suspended prison term and 6 months probation. I got 6 months of probation. INSANITY!!!

Enough. I will pay my dues and move on. Thankfully, I can still sleep nights. I hope child molesters never sleep a wink...ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home