Thursday, November 08, 2007

I have been trying to post a blog all week, but I twisted my head into a knot this weekend, so I haven't been able to drag the stuff from my head to my fingertips. Here is a little light blogging that I can handle for now.

We put free tickets to use and went to an Ozzy concert Sunday at the Tyson Events Center. It's a small town arena...nice but small. For a people-watcher like me, I hit the mother lode. The circus going on in the crowd was great. From the punked teeny boppers to the stoned AARP members, the majority of the crowd was into every ball of flame and screaming guitar solo. I was sitting through the opening act, Rob Zombie, thinking what the hell am I doing here? I looked around, and people all over the arena were singing along...I couldn't decipher a single word that he spit into the mic. Then Ozzy came on and spewed the F-word like a sailor on leave for over 80 minutes. I have to admit, I could sing along with a few of his songs.

I've seen many concerts in my 49 years. Most of the arena shows that I saw were in the 70's and early 80's. Things were so much different then. They didn't search people coming in the gates. You could smoke anywhere in the arena. Marijuana smoke filled the air from the first note to the last. Generally the entire floor of these venues were for standing room only, no chairs. The floor was the place to be if you were a 20-something guy looking for the 2 things most important in life...a good buzz and a friendly girl. The cool thing was that most of the girls on the floor at these concerts was exactly what you were looking for.

A concert in 2007 certainly isn't the same as it was 30 years ago, but I did notice that some things haven't changed. You could still pick up a slight hint of Marijuana smoke in the air and, the floor littered with chairs, was full of girls making their predecessors proud. Thank God for the girls who party on the concert floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home