Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving part II: You can buy turkey with the bones sucked out of it and pumpkin pie in a box. I couldn't even recognize the pieces of turkey on the platter. It was just chunks of meat. Some white meat, some dark meat and some both!?!? The mother-in-law set the table with paper plates. Welcome to the new age. I know I sound like an old-timer, but dammit, I like Thanksgiving.

We were at our son's house last night and they started setting up a Christmas tree. It was fun to watch the grand babies juggling the ornaments and "helping" their mother string lights. It was cool to see the amazement in Jordan's eyes. I could see the wonder of Christmas on his face. He wondered how fast he could crush the box full of shiny ornaments. When asked what Santa says he answered, "HO, HO, HO Merwy Trismas!" That's right Jordan, unless of course your Santa has gone to Santa school, where they decided they could no longer say the word "HO". Thanks Imus.

Our world just keeps spinning faster and faster. I feel sorry for my grand babies, they are missing out on so much. I guess they'll never know what they are missing. Hopefully I can give them a little taste of life before we started celebrating Christmas in October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home