Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hello. I'm recovering from 3 days of hard drinking. It takes me at least 2 days of recovery for every 1 day of drinking...you do the math. It was most enjoyable. Liquor would not be my death of choice...(to steal a phrase from the Patio). I'd rather die in a fiery car crash than drink myself to death. At least the car crash would only last a few hours, maybe a day tops. I've known people who drank themselves to death and it took years, even decades. Let's have a poll..."What is your death of choice?" Make mine peaceful sleep, thanks.

I'm jonesing for some good live music!!! I'm waiting for Friday like a dog waiting for a scrap to slip from the table. We'll get a heavy dose of world-class reggae with Les Exodus. That is one thing I miss about being involved with a club that serves up a good helping of live music. But as I've mentioned in previous entries, this town doesn't have an appetite for original music. The problem is, some people shut their mind like a little kid who won't try his green beans. You just might like them.

I know a young man who is a prime case for this theory. He had no idea who Watermelon Slim was...(you know the award-winning blues man from Tulsa).He was out celebrating his date's 21st birthday, stumbling in and out of bars. They stumbled into the middle of a Watermelon Slim jam. He has been a big fan ever since. I rattled off a list of other blues performers of equal or better talent and he knew nothing of them. After our conversation I think he'll be checking out some new tunes. I love it when someone gets turned on.

Thankfully, our little band of music junkies is working on a cure for this addiction. By the first of the year I think we'll be having 2 shows a month. A good friend of mine reminds me that together we can do anything. I believe he's correct. I feel blessed to be part of something so cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey there Bluzlover...thanks for the visit and comment over at my blog and thanks for your support for live original music...not sure what part of middle america you reside in, but if you ever make it to arizona, let me know and i'll hip you to some great unknown bands and singer/songwriters...
...and as for my death of choice, i want to blink out while on stage, right at the conclusion of the best solo i've ever played...
...in about 30 or 40 years preferably...

Tue Sep 16, 07:37:00 PM

 
Blogger PatioPatty said...

I have many photos of the terrific show last Friday! CHEERS!! I sure hope we can continue to get new members so we can get ultra fab talent here in such an awesome venue! I had the best time despite the huge bruise on my left ankle from getting my funk on a little too aggressively. Oh, and my "death of choice" ... as long as it's quick I really don't give a care, but I'm thinking I'll plagerize soul pumpkin's. LOL!
:-) Peace! Patio Patty ©

Mon Sep 22, 05:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home