Friday, August 22, 2008

Hello, I'm back. I was out of town for a couple of days. We travelled to one of my favorite places to visit, Rochester, Minnesota. I took care of some business and enjoyed some pleasure. It is such a cool town. The Mayo Clinic brings an eclectic influence that feels like Chicago or Boston, not a Midwestern town of 100,000 people.

My blog was vandalised last weekend. It's sad isn't it. Something as "free" as blogging isn't safe from thugs. Someone felt the need to put childish graffiti on the comment "walls". I scrubbed it off and changed my comments settings. Sorry, no more anonymous comments allowed. The comments were sophisticated lines like, "you suck" and "you make me puke." I guess that is to be expected since any decent person wouldn't be splattering these things on a site anyway. If I never have to justify my life by throwing stones at someone else, I will be successful.

I've spent most of my adult life chasing my dreams. This involves taking risks. One of the risks is failure. Another risk is criticism. These are risks I'm willing to take over and over again. If the option is to spend my last hours wishing I would have tested one of my ideas, I'll take the risks. While we were walking along a sidewalk in Rochester this week, I saw a saying on the front of a little antique shop. It read, " To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing."

No thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're back...Now let's ROCK!

Fri Aug 22, 10:47:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home