Monday, November 10, 2008

Hello Death. You're back again. The older I get, the more you seem to hang around. Maybe I just give you a little more attention than I used to. You took a daughter and grand-daughter from some friends of mine. You make everyone sad. Your random choices are hard to understand.

I don't want to bury our kids or grand kids. These people have buried two of their children and a grandchild. Why? I wish there was an answer. I imagine it would be like someone ripping your heart from you, leaving you forever darker. Children give you pride, meaning, a reason to love and hope. In the stillness of the night, Death snuck into her bedroom and these people lost that forever.

As I sat in my office this morning thinking about the funeral today, my cell phone rattled my pocket. It was an old friend with bad news. A grade school buddy died in a car accident last night. Death was the only one there when he was thrown from his car. I'm really glad we had a few drinks together in August. He was a cool friend.

Death...you sure are busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home