Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hello. I shared a late night with a good friend last night, watering down some Evan Williams, burning through a few C Notes and talking about days gone by. My late teens and early twenties seem surreal at this point in my life. When I tell someone the stories of that time in my life, the words sound exaggerated...even to me...and I know they're true. Life in the under belly of Omaha was an eye-popping experience for a kid from a small town.

I would love to meet some of the characters I ran with in the mid-seventies. There was a group of brothers and sisters that I spent hours with sharing life that I haven't seen for 30 years. It would be so cool to find out how their life turned out. For 2 or 3 years, I knew these people really well. We experienced some incredible things together. I packed my shit, moved to the Black Hills and never saw most of them again.

That is one of the strange things about life. People come in and out of your life. In some cases you share your deepest thoughts and feelings, only to be scattered. There are people out there who are your closest friends and yet a total stranger. Treasures that create your soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger PatioPatty said...

Yeah, I can sure relate to talking about your late teens and early twenties. I'm sure some of my stories are hard to believe as well. The older I get, the less I talk about them.

Thu Sep 25, 09:40:00 PM

 
Blogger katrocket said...

I had a couple of "20-year" reunions over the summer, and I was actually surprised to find out that most people don't really change as much as you would expect them to. Or perhaps I'm just blessed to have a lot of friends who make it easy to pick things up wherever we had left off?

Fri Sep 26, 01:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home