Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello. Red Alert!!! As I was driving to work this morning I saw something very alarming...a Hispanic guy crawling out of a manhole! No shit! The "lookout" sitting on the ground caught my eye, then I noticed the manhole cover sliding back and out came a visitor from the South. It's moments like this I wish I had a camera mounted on my bean. Thankfully I had a witness or I might think I was hallucinating. I've read about the tunnels that Hispanics are using to sneak into the land of milk and honey, but who knew they would be popping up in the great Midwest. They are determined little rascals!

There is a nationally recognized holiday for the pretenders... All Hallows' Eve. All of the people who hide behind a mask every day can celebrate. For one day, it's your chance to get a buzz on and let your freak flag fly! Halloween costumes can make the weak...strong, the tame...wild and unleash the true personality in us. I see this transformation every fall, only to witness these pretenders wash off the makeup and pull the rug from their head and crawl back inside. It's sad that some people feel the need to repress their true self. Are they ashamed of who they really are? Are they afraid of who they really are?

I know that finding out who you are can be frightening. Especially if you don't like that person. We can be tricked into thinking we are the person everyone talks about. Then we look through the pupil of our eyes deep into our soul and see someone we never met before. It's that uneasy feeling you get when you meet a long lost relative. They are a familiar stranger. You might welcome them into your "home"...then again you might ask them to leave.

2 Comments:

Blogger PatioPatty said...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!
You slay me! I used to tell people about the 'people crossing' signs on I-5 in San Diego but they thought I was kidding. Your man in the manhole is one of THOUSANDS, believe it. They're EVERYWHERE and you should be VERY afraid! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
You gave me the biggest laugh I've had for days Brent! Thanks for sharing.
Patio Patty ©

Thu Oct 30, 07:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

They're starting to take over Wedgewood Drive too! If I see one coming up thru the toilet, I'm going to hit him on the head and tell him across the street and four houses down, sucker!"

Mon Nov 03, 10:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home