Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hello. I am saddened by the comments aimed at Obama by ignorant rednecks. All politicians get their share of abuse, but not because of the color of their skin. Is our country still so backwoods that we can't accept the election of a black man? I was at the bar the other night and overheard a couple of guys disguised as intelligent human beings, spewing sophomoric racial remarks. I couldn't sit by quietly. I reminded them that lack of respect is a large part of the reason the country is in the shape it's in. They responded with, "Hyuk, hyuk" and went on slurping their drinks. I could almost smell the "stupid" on them.

I just visited a blog that I recently found. The author is a musician in Arizona. He has a post with a video from a Ted Nugent concert. The "madman from Detroit" is toting two machine guns and screaming..."hey, Obama, suck on one of these you punk." He then proceeds to call Obama a "piece of shit." Why is he not in jail? I am a supporter of freedom of speech, but this strikes me as a death threat. At one time, I liked Ted because of his support for the right to bear arms. After seeing this video, I have no respect for this Neanderthal. He should not be allowed to make a public appearance again. Please spread the word.

Let's not prove the rest of the world right. It's our chance to show the world that Americans aren't a bunch of uneducated hillbillies. Think.

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know where I tend bar. Aside from being staunch Republicans, those guys are racists Mofo's! You'd be aghast at the comments I've heard!

Fri Nov 14, 10:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Bluzlover said...

Are all Moose, Eagles, Elks and whatever other animal organizations out there made up of close-minded, backwoods hillbillies?

Fri Nov 14, 01:58:00 PM

 
Blogger PatioPatty said...

It's as sad as it gets. I've heard so many things in my office including "He'll be dead within a week". My comment back was "Apparently I have more faith in the Secret Service than you do, because NO ONE has shot Bu$h yet!" One co-worker responded, "That's because he never goes anywhere without being surrounded by Military." Yeah, the racism flows on. Thankfully, there are still a few of us peace mongers around. I'm hopeful and optimistic about this new president. Rednecks can eat that for a while. I suspect after some time, the crow can be cooked in enough different ways to pacify their appetites.
Peace!
Patio Patty

Sat Nov 15, 09:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home