Monday, May 25, 2009

Hello. A linen tablecloth, sunny day and graffiti on the patio...a view from the kitchen table.

I'm back. Between network problems at home, censorship at my office and lack of motivation, I've been derelict in my blogging. Oh, how I miss it. We had a wonderful gathering a couple of days ago. Friends, old and new, filled our yard with good food, drink and smoke. A warming fire, guitar play and brotherly love carried us into the early morning hours. The best part of this gathering was the common bond...a love for music. Music brought all of us to this crossroad in our lives. I'm thankful for the relationships we have.

How do we choose which opportunities to pass on and which ones to act on? I think a person should experience as much life as you can. However, that line of thinking can create problems. It is difficult to refrain from stuffing your pockets with all the goodies life has to offer. It's like being a kid in the candy store with only 50 cents in your pocket. You know you can't taste all of it so you choose the ones you know you like. Then you wonder...what would that pretty little piece of candy on the shelf taste like? I've written before about my father questioning his path in the final days of his life. In his own words, "I never took any risks." He didn't say he regretted not tasting more life, but I've always thought that in a small way, he may have. We can't have it all...or can we?

I've taken a big bite out of life. Some of it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess that's what we get when our eyes are bigger than our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home