Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hello. A view from the dining room...sleeping cat, disappearing snow and bright sun.

Some things that we do along the path of life will change things forever. Maybe everything we do leaves an everlasting imprint on our life. We may even play a big enough role to effect other people's lives as well. Unfortunately, I think we can scar people. We need to consider every thing we say and do. I have been a fairly free spirit most of my life. I grabbed opportunities as they came along, not giving much thought to the consequences. To coin a common phrase I "lived for the moment."

As I reflect back on a half century of self indulgence, I see the faults in that lifestyle. I have the ability to let things roll off and move on. That may seem like a good thing. I now realize that for things to truly "roll off", all parties involved have to feel the same way. We are kidding ourselves if we think everything is cool, when someone else is weighed down by your actions or words. I think we should hold each other accountable for the things we say and do. It's tough to tell someone, "that really hurts." Why can't we be honest with each other? If we could accept others feelings, we would have more respect for them.

Bad decisions can make prisoners of all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home