Friday, February 13, 2009

Hello. I'm writing this blog from a new environment...my dining room table. Time will tell if this affects the slant of my blogging. My office has put the clamps on internet "fun". Apparently blogging, downloading music and videos and myspace time was eating up too much of the precious little bandwidth in the building. Oh well.

I have pondered the idea that people become the person that other's see and hear. A friend of mine put a little twist on it. He suggests that people make their opinion of someone based on that person's behavior, which is a reflection of who they are. If that is the case, then we drive people to their opinion of us. But are we affected by other's opinion of us? Do we try harder to become more or less like the person others think we are? What???

As we discussed this topic, the effects of the smoke and the drink began to take over. He proposed that we should think in terms of "I am" instead of "Me". After a short pause for the brain to kick in, I liked this thought. "Me" is what others have fabricated in their minds about a person. "I am", is the person you are. I think we have to keep "Me" in perspective and let "I am" drive the soul bus. I don't think all of this confusion is good. It might be a waste of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pixxman said...

I have a similar memory. Perception is 100% of reality. What do you "see". Reality may be a very elaborate illusion, you only choose to make it "heaven or hell". Choose well! Or not... If we all just made an attempt, to see ourselves in others (ones we like or dislike), imagine the "shift" this perspective might encourage in us! Or Not!.

Peace and Blessings All-Ways!

Sun Feb 15, 06:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home