Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hello. I spent Monday making a whirlwind trip to Rochester, Minnesota and back. It turned into a whirlwind trip through the coffers of my mind. I'm beginning to think that sub-consciously, it is the reason I haven't been making the trip very often. Some scars are slow to heal.

Does everyone have a personal agenda tied to their actions? Over the years, I have thought that people got involved to actually help a common effort. Now, I realize that most people are only trying to gain something for themselves. Very few people do things out of genuine kindness or concern for others. I work with several different groups and most of the members seem to have a personal agenda. It makes me sick. I'm sure that I have been guilty of this myself at times. Most of the tasks I undertake are for the better of a greater cause. The satisfaction of seeing someone smile or knowing that someone feels good about themselves is enough reward.

We all want to feel good about who we are. Some of us can feel good from in our souls and some of us need reinforcement from outside sources. I trust my own sense of wholeness more than I do an outsider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home