Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Do we still have the ability to learn as much each day as we did in our early years? I was with my grandson last night, who by the way turns one year old today, and he made me think about this. He is like a sponge soaking up everything around him. Sounds, facial expressions, reactions and even a sense of humor are all developing right before our eyes. It makes me think...at what point do we turn off this amazing capacity to learn? I sure don't know everything there is to know. I do learn new things occasionally. Sometimes I learn them the hard way. I guess Jordan, my grandson learns things the hard way too. Like trying to get out from under the coffee table and banging his head until he realizes he needs to crouch down lower. I had an elderly man tell me once, "You'll see what I mean when you get older." I think he was telling me that I will keep learning, keep banging my head. As I get older, I plan to stay open minded so that I can learn more like a one year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home