Monday, April 17, 2006

I saw a sign by the street yesterday that read "Those who dream the most do the most". Cool. I read alot into these types of things, like they are a sign from some supreme being or something. We are always told that the message will come to us in strange forms. This one really struck home with me, since I've been thinking about my "dreams" lately. Thinking about how long I've been chasing my dreams. Should I keep chasing? 23 years is a long time to chase something without catching it. I think part of the problem is that my "dream" has changed several times over the years. Maybe if I would have stayed true to my original "dream" I would have reached it by now. I guess I get bored with the same thing. Someone told me once that people should change careers every 10 years or so. There might be some logic to that. Now I'm split between 2 of my "dreams". At this point, I really dream about promoting live music and managing a bar, but I've put so much of my life into graphics and art that I struggle with dumping it. I also make my living from the graphics. I still haven't been able to make that happen with the live music thing. I'm starting to take a serious look down the road for the first time, and the end of the road looks closer than ever before. I'd like to realize one of these dreams, or both! I think it's too late to start chasing another dream. Although, I've been dreaming about a way to combine my love for live music and art into a way of life. There must be a way, they seem to be on the same plane at least. I wonder what the author meant. "Those who dream the most, do the most". Do the most what? The most laughing, crying, screaming or just the most dreaming? I'm sure that one day, I'll know the answer to that question. I hope that I can let my children and grand-children know the answer. I hope they keep chasing dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home