Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm taking a whole new look at life. I once read a bit by Norman Vincent Peale that suggested a person try to think positively about everything and everyone. I have done this at times in my life and it does make life better. I don't know what causes me to stray from this mentality. It is quite easy to do. It's surprising that you can find something good in most if not all. I feel so much better when I do this. I am also trying to make better use of my time. My focus is on the music promotion scene, however, I need to focus more on the graphics thing.

I spoke with a bar mate last night who has been at the same job for 30 years. He is completely burned out. Yet he has golden handcuffs on. He wants out, but can't make a change work financially. What a sad postion to be in. I feel like I'm in a similiar situation. My heart just isn't in the graphics sales thing. I'd love to be doing more graphics and art, but not sales. I heard something the other day, "If you want to spend your life on a beach, become a marine biologist." There is something to that philosophy, make a career out of something you love. For over 20 years I did. Now things have changed, and I need to change too. I am working on a way to get back to the art and more into the music promotion, and make a living doing it. I need to spend some solitude thinking this through, I'm sure there is a way to make it happen. I just have to open up and find the "positives" in life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home