Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's interesting how as people around you get older, you begin think. Our son turned 23 years old yesterday and our daughter turns 25 this Saturday. How can this be, they are still our little kids. It makes me realize how short life is. It doesn't seem like that long ago that they were playing in the sandbox without a care in the world. Now they're both all caught up in life. They are worried about their jobs, rent, insurance... all of the unfortunate realities of life. Wouldn't it be great if we never had to be concerned with this crap.

I look at my grandson who is about a year and a half, and he is so carefree. I wonder if he realizes how great life is at this point? I wonder if any of us thought to ourselves when we were young, "Man, it doesn't get any better than this!" I know when I was young, I always wanted something more. I guess as humans, we're never satisfied..."the grass is always greener." Does everyone feel this way? Is it just me? Maybe some people are completely OK with where they are.

I certainly shouldn't complain... although I do. I have most of the things I ever wanted. I just need to get a better hold of the wheel, so it doesn't feel like I'm out of control. Or maybe as our church newsletter states, I should let go of the wheel and quit trying to steer. I like this idea, it takes some pressure off of me to steer in the right direction. I'm willing to take the back seat and pedal as hard as it takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home