Wednesday, May 10, 2006

You know, I've been trying to let go of the handle bars and just pedal. I'm leaving the steering up to a higher power. I struggle with this, but I do find it much better. I can steer all that I want, and I still end up where I end up. I can't change the path or the destination at all. So why fight it? I'm willing to keep pedaling though.

I read a blog last week by a person who is recovering from several addictions. He talked about his "God Box". He writes down his worries and concerns, and puts them in his God Box, and forgets about them. That's what I'm talking about. What a cool thing, let go and let God. It sure makes life seem better. Why worry about things we can't change.

Last night something strange and wonderful happened in this small western Iowa town. Over 125 avid live music freaks, turn out on a Tuesday night to witness Kim Simmonds and Savoy Brown. It was cosmic! We may have turned a corner in our quest to create a live music scene in Sioux City. I use the term "we" to include the promoter (me), the fans (the fans) and the bands. As a music lover, I have been trying to build a clan of live music supporters for over 10 years. Every now and then we have a small victory, and it's cool. No matter where you live, take advantage of every opportunity you have to support live music...your life will be better as a result!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home