Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I had another birthday yesterday. I'm not ready to stop having birthdays yet. At this point in my life though, it's really no different than the day before or the day after. It's just another day. When we are young it's the next best thing to Christmas! You invite your friends, play games, eat cake and ice cream and open presents...what joy! Over the last 25 years or so, I try to play down my birthday. I don't like anyone to go out of their way for me on my birthday, or any other day for that matter. For the first time, I have started to look down the road of my life. One more year and I'll be 50! 50...WOW! By now I thought I'd be on a fairly steady course, not still planning my next great adventure! I have almost certainly lived over half of my life. It's a little scary. I've lived my entire life as if I was Peter Pan living in Never Never Land. I never planned for getting older. Damn, I was wrong...again. I'm sure one way or another, things will work out, they always do. Whether I'm living in a cardboard box, a tent in the hills or a nice little house in Nebraska, things will be alright. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home