Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I've made a decision recently that will change my life. I am no longer going to spend the amount of time that I have been at the Chesterfield. In fact depending on how things work out, I may not be spending any time working at the club. Part of me is saddened by this decision. I'll miss the people that I see on a regular basis. I'll miss the nightlife in general. I won't miss the scramble to make ends meet. I won't miss sitting there 5 nights a week until 2 am whether we're busy or not. I won't miss cleaning the place 5 or 6 times a week. I am quite simply out of time and money to put into this endeavor any longer. Unfortunately, the people of Siouxland did not support the vision we had for a great original live music venue. It appears that the best approach for a music venue in Sioux City, Iowa is to bring in rock n' roll cover bands at a low cost. Let the sheep in for free and let them wallow in the regurgitated pablum of "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Taking Care of Business". This is not for me. Before I ever got into the music business, I did not like cover bands. This has not changed. I wish my partner the best of luck with his decision.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bloozman said...

Right On!!!

Mon May 28, 07:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home