Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The funeral is behind us. Why do people try to be as depressed as they possibly can at funerals? It's unfortunate that we don't celebrate at funerals. It is everyone's hope that the dead person is in a much better place... so we should celebrate, joyously! Instead people pick the most depressing music and verses from the Bible known to mankind. When I die, I hope all of my friends and family party! Play or sing songs about the love of life. Drink, smoke, laugh and dance! I promise, I'll be laughing with all of you.

A grandson of the dead man said something to me that was rather sad. I've known this young guy for many years. He was a fairly accomplished musician at one point in his life. His band released a CD that received some regional success. I asked him what he's doing these days, if he's still playing the bass. His answer was..."No, I'm stuck in life. I get up in the morning. I go to work. I come home, eat dinner and go to bed. Repeat." What a sad statement from a young man in his late twenties.

I also noticed some other odd comments from a funeral. "He's better off now." What! He's better off dead? "He was a great guy." Have you ever heard anyone say the dead guy was an asshole? Or how about, "He looks good." Huh? I'm sorry, but I've never seen a corpse that looks good. What is wrong with people. I guess death is a tough thing to talk about.

"If I die at 23, won't you bury me in the sunshine...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bloozman said...

After I found out you had a blog, I went back and read all of them. I've only known you for a few years but I'm beginning to realize what a special and kind person you are. I have to admit, I'm one of your music junkies, although my participation has dwindled a bit. I want to say thank you, for the music, the passion, and most importantly, the friendship I've found with you. We're not close, but what it is, is cool with me! I'm one of the guys that have really wanted you to succeed. Not just for your benefit, but for the citizens of this damn river town and for selfish reasons as well. I saw most of the shows at the Attic and many at the Chesterfield, and I for one say shame on "Suck City" for being sooooo hypocritical when it comes to supporting good stuff! They just don't or won't do it, but they'll whine their asses off about not having it! It's true bro, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

Mon Jun 04, 11:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home