Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stepping away from the Chesterfield will be a difficult thing. After spending so much time there for the past year, I've become attached. Last night I showed up later than usual since I'm trying to make the separation. One of our regulars was in a "discussion" with my partner. The two of them have never really been on the same plane. When the "Fallen Friar" saw me, he approached me and said nothing. I saw the confusion in his eyes. After a silent look into my soul, he said, "Where have you been, I've been asking about Brent or Paula...these people..." That was enough said. I felt my heart slip. I also saw the beginning of the end, as my son put it.

I don't believe my partner has the "spirit" of the Chesterfield. That is the saddest part for me. The Chesterfield is more of an attitude than anything else. Unfortunately, that doesn't make for a money making business, but it sure is cool.

There are so many things about this separation that I don't have a grasp of. My partner for the past year has been unwilling to put the time or money into the club needed to make the deal work. Now that I have agreed to sell out my shares, he is putting money in the business as fast as he can. I don't get it. Apparently he wants to look good in the eyes of anyone looking on. I don't understand why he didn't get involved with the club over the last year. Maybe it was easier for him to put Paula and I on the firing line. I find some consolation in knowing that as he deals with the day to day operation, he'll understand what we've been working with for a year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chasing Something said...

It is stupid that he would sit beside and do nothing for so long, and then once you say you're done putting in the effort he tries. That's not a partnership. It was almost like he was trying to get you to quit by the way he was so passive in the whole deal, like he wanted it to fail. Have you asked him why he didn't put in any of the money or effort while you guys were still there? I'm going to search for some grant money and we'll start a super venue, and probably not in Sioux City.

I know alot of the regulars won't understand, but they'll have to. I know you care about them all just like a member of our family...because they are. We'll get through this deep grass and be sitting in the fairway before long!

Fri Jan 19, 11:53:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home