Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hello, and welcome to the downhill part of the hump. I wake up everyday, roll over, put my feet on the floor and think, "...well, I made it to another day." I scratch my head and wonder how I should spend the day. How do we know what our purpose in life is? Do we really have a "purpose"? Maybe just living life the best we know how is all that is expected of us. I don't like to think that way. I want to believe there is some kind of standard set for each one of us.

If a guy grows up in a small midwest town to an average mom and dad, learns to color and count in grade school, graduates from high school, gets a job and then kills someone... is that their purpose in life? Maybe he served a purpose in the grand scheme of things. I don't know what that would be, but hey, who am I?

I'm crashing into the second part of my life and I'm going to decide what my purpose is. I get caught up with day-to-day crap that delays this process. But, I'm slowly working things out. These are tough decisions. I need to sit down, write myself a list and think. Maybe I need to hike to the mountain top and...

2 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

I wish you well on your quest. I'm trying to figure it all out, too.

Thu Feb 14, 07:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Me too. I get so caught up in trying to pay the bills I rarely get a chance to actually do what I want. When I do get a chance to do something unconnected with the almighty dollar, I often can't remember what it is that I like to do in the first place...

Something important to me is service to others. I try to help with veterans' rights and homeless issues, but my time is stretched to tight it's hard to think past the next credit card payment...

I really enjoy reading your blog not only for the actual writing, but also because it helps me sharpen and focus my goals as well -- hearing someone else think out loud about these issues makes me think about them, and I like that. I'm always happy when you post.

Thu Feb 14, 08:13:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home