Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hello, and welcome to my world. NEWS ALERT!!! Things aren't as they seem. Nobody is real? You never really know someone? We just know the person they want us to meet. The more you listen to people, look at people or pay attention to people, the more you realize that everyone is hiding. We are all wearing a costume, trying to disguise the being inside.

I talked a while back about how strange it would be if there was an accurate biography available about every human walking the earth. Of course there would have to be a new release every year. Imagine a library where you could check out the "book" on your best friend, your spouse or your boss. I'm convinced this would be a bad thing. If we knew everything about another person, we might not get close to anyone. We've all got something to hide, and none of us are very good at accepting each other's flaws.

Some people hide the "real" person by disguising themselves as several different people. Their disguise varies, depending on who they are with at the moment. This would be too confusing for me. I wouldn't be able to remember who I was supposed to be. I mean, I would put on my carefree costume when I was going for earnest. I'll stick with one costume for all occasions...maybe slipping on a rubber nose once in a while, just to keep it interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

I do find myself acting differently when I'm with different friends; I think that's normal, at least to an extent. Each face I show, though, is an aspect of "me," and is accurate. But each face is different - I'm more uptight around my musical pals, more relaxed around my biker buddies. I find myself using very small, easily understood words when I'm with Republicans. That doesn't mean I'm putting on an act or anything, I just relate to my different social circles in different ways... Though now that I think of it, I don't think I do that nearly as much now as I did when I was younger. Maybe I'm finding myself, eh?

Wed Jul 23, 02:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home