Monday, June 09, 2008

Hello and welcome to wedding week. Our son is getting married this Saturday. There appears to be a phenomenon that takes place when a wedding is planned. Something about it turns normal level-headed beings into deaf and blind maniacs! The bride-to-be turns into a stranger with selective hearing and no patience. These beautiful young ladies have been known to growl, curse and in some extreme cases, spin at the neck and spew green slime. Everyone involved seems to be speaking in a different language. None of the family members can understand each other. It is such a common phenomenon, there have been movies made about the subject. It is a wonderful, bonding event for families to experience...if everyone lives to enjoy it.

I sat yesterday with a guy who drinks too much and works too little, but he's OK. He started talking about his marriages, two to be exact. It's not surprising that neither of these unions is still intact considering this fellas habits. He took the first one seriously, but the next one was like buying your second car. Everyone remembers their first car. This is common with everyone I know that has been married more than once. How many times can you say, "til death do us part" and actually mean it? I would not re-marry if I ever find myself making that decision.

We attended a retirement party for my oldest sister. She is 56-years-old. That's young to be retiring. She was already talking about working part-time! I don't think it's a good idea to become idle. Playing golf, fishing or worse sitting in a bar playing cards seems like a waste of time. I want to go out with a purpose. I've never planned for retirement, so I guess I won't ever retire. There must be something I can do until I fall over dead. The WalMart greeter thing is out though because of my sincere dislike for the retail monster. I'll start planning my senior career soon. Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Yeah, I gots no retirement either. I've been promised retirement benefits for years, but somehow it's never materialized.

I'll work 'till I drop. No choice in the matter.

Good luck with the hitchin' ceremony!

Mon Jun 09, 01:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home