Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hello. It seems like I've been away forever. Our little music gatherings are so cool!! The idea of a group of music-loving friends joining forces to put on world-class live music shows is more fun than I thought possible. One of the tune-junkies said, "It's like a living room party." I agree. The vibe is great. Everyone there has one thing in common...the love of music. I think I wore out a pair of my happy feet. Thank you all for the night.

Saturday I worked a wedding reception. This is the first time I have been on the other side of the bar for one of these free-for-alls. This particular union featured some unusual contestants. I think I met 3 guys who were the brides' "father", the girl friend of the brides' father, the grooms' mother and her "friend"...and that was only those that introduced themselves. By 10:00 pm, the place was incredibly drunk, the DJ was done and everyone headed for their respective trailer parks. When do you suppose it became customary to get slobbering drunk at weddings? I think it may have its' roots in the Bible somewhere. None the less, wedding receptions have a way of showcasing the amateurs.

I know it sounds twisted, but drunk people are part of what I like about bartending. First of all, if it weren't for drunks there would be no need for bars. Beyond that, I enjoy listening to a story stumbling off of a swollen toungue. People tell you the craziest shit! I've heard laughter and seen hidden tears. We expose ourselves after a few too many wobbly-pops. I try to give these folks the attention they are seeking...and deserve.

1 Comments:

Blogger PatioPatty said...

I've seen you do that Brent, over and over again. I get it now though after reading this blog. You thrive on that. Hummmm... makes a lot of things make much more sense. Your compassion astounds me.

The music club rocks ... You rock on buddy! I'm happy, proud and grateful to be part of it all.

I've done a couple of blogs since this big financial thing you should check 'em out. :-)
www.patiopatty.blogspot.com

Peace!
Patio Patty ©

Wed Sep 24, 09:52:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home