Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hello. I attended two funerals last week. The second of those was for a good buddy who I had known since grade school. As we drove to the church, I wondered what Rod was thinking. Is he thinking, crap, I wish I could party with all of my old buddies that showed up? Is he pleased that cars are parked for blocks away from the church? Is he thinking, "What's that guy doing here, he must be up to something?" I'm sure Rod was sitting back with "that grin" on his face.

I realized that this could have just as easily been my funeral. It could have been anyone of the classmates that filled the small church. As time goes by, one by one it will be another one of us. I've never experienced these feelings at a funeral before. Maybe it's the 40-plus years that I've known this guy. Or, maybe it was the fact that he and I had lived somewhat parallel lives. Whatever the reason, it really made me think.

Life is short. I don't know if it's "too short", but it's short. I think we all need to spend our time on positive things. Wasting time with negative thoughts and actions is foolish. I've been guilty of this myself, but I'm changing my ways. We should brush away the negative people and things in our lives. We don't need it.

"Don't go bringing me down man, I'm trying to enjoy life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home