Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hello. Over the last few days I have been involved in "group decisions". Now, we all know how difficult it is to reach a decision in a group environment. People change as the complexion of the group changes. Two people can have a conversation and agree on a topic. But, if another person, or several more people join the conversation, at least one of the original people might change their mind. Then, if one person leaves the room, everyone might have another change of heart. Some people must not have thoughts of their own.

Then there is the person who doesn't know what they want...except to disagree. They convince everyone that they are right, and then change their position on the matter. People like this remind me of a dog chasing his tail. They spin and spin in one direction until they nip their tail and then they start spinning the other direction. I don't get it! Some people don't resolve anything. I don't want to argue with myself, the stress would kill me!!!

Ultimately, most "group decisions" end with a decision being made by an individual who lets the others think that it was their idea. Someone is always unhappy with a group decision. So is it truly a group decision?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn...I can't decide!

Sun Dec 07, 02:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home