Friday, January 16, 2009

Hello. Where does the time go? It's amazing how time flies when you're busy. I think I may have my fingers in too many things. Well, not literally "in" things...but involved with things. We are promoting a couple of events happening this weekend. Saturday is the first "nightlife SUX Party, Party" and Sunday is the Juke Joint Duo show!

As long as we stay in this little river town, we'll keep trying to bring it alive with entertainment. In over 10 years of promoting nightlife in Siouxland, I think we may finally be making a difference. The support from the members of the Sioux City Live Music Club is great. I've written for years about the "merry band of music junkies". After floundering as individuals, we have banded together to create a "live" scene in town. It's working! The support I feel when I'm with these people is truly uplifting. Together, I believe we can accomplish anything we want.

3 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

I think you're doing great work. I came from a small town, and I know it's a real challenge to promote the arts, but don't give up. People will appreciate your hard work, and when they realize they can't live without musicians, artists and performers, they will take up the torch.

Sat Jan 17, 07:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Bluzlover said...

Thanks. It's nice to know that someone as "worldly" as the "Kat" appreciates the importance of live entertainment in our lives.

Mon Jan 19, 01:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

The Kat knows whereof she speaks.

I've been notably absent from the music scene in SUX for the last year or so -- partially out of "I'm not in a band and it stings a little," and partially out of "I gots no dinero." But I still care VERY much about art in our little community. I'll be back. Soon.

Tue Jan 20, 03:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home