Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Hello 2009! Three years ago today I wrote my first blog. Time sure goes by fast. Alot has happened in those three years. Some good and some great. As I reflect on the past, I pull a smile out of my pocket and wipe a tear from my eye. The recent holidays leave me with a pocketful of new smiles. The last two weeks were mind-bending. I really dig 2-day work weeks. Fortunately, my family and friends can enjoy the holidays. Sometimes to excess. Sadly, the holidays are just another day for many people who struggle through life. I did some small things this season to help others, but I think we can all do much more. The people who are struggling can do the most for themselves.

We celebrated the coming of a New Year twice. We spent December 31 with friends at private parties indulging ourselves with high-end party favors. You should treat yourself to some special goodies at least once a year. Putting 2008 behind us is reason enough for me. I feel good about 2009. Even as I struggle to make sense of my life, I like my chances. I am beginning to realize that "I yam what I yam and I is what I is...yuk, yuk, yuk". Instead of questioning where we are, we should embrace where we are.

The Music Club members, Reverend Raven & the Chain Smokin' Altar Boys and a large crowd of friends gathered to celebrate New Year's Eve Part II. For a few hours on January 2, it was December 31 all over again, complete with party hats, horns and champagne! People were cheering, hugging and kissing. The room was filled with happiness. Actually, every one of the Music Club shows have been like this. We are promoting "happy". Since we started doing our shows I've seen people dance who don't dance, I've seen people hug who don't hug, I've seen people act silly who don't act silly. Apparently, people feel good within the arms of the Sioux City Live Music Club. It is so cool.

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

Sweet! I'm sending belated wishes - both for the New Year, and a Happy Blogoversary!

we all need more Happy.

Tue Jan 13, 09:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home