Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello. The week almost slipped by without me punching in. I overdosed on live music, bourbon and facetime last weekend! It was GREAT! We partied with a local blues/rock band, Stealing Mercury on Saturday and a national touring blues act, Juke Joint Duo on Sunday. The "high" didn't wear off until late Wednesday! We had a chance to chat with the "Duo", Cedric Burnside and Lightnin' Malcolm after their show on Sunday. They are two downhome boys from the Mississippi Delta. These guys don't even know how good they are. They're just doing what feels right. As Lightnin' introduced a song from their new CD he said, "Here's one we made up while..." They're just making things up and having fun!

Last night our grandson came running into the kitchen and said, "Come see the dark with me!" How I wish we would never loose the child-like innocence. He had a little flashlight and was creating a whole new world in the darkness of the bedroom. Shining his flashlight under the bed and in the back of the closet, a lonesome sock and a cat toy became valuable treasures. I'm so glad he makes me sit on the floor with him. As adults, we often look too hard to see the "treasures". They are right in front of us. I guess, maybe we need a better flashlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home