Monday, January 26, 2009

Hello. The more I kick around this dirt ball, the more questions I have. Just when I figure something out, a curve comes flying in about chin-high. I have met several spiritual people over the years. People, trying to live life in a manner that allows them to feel good about themselves. I enjoy talking with them and hearing their outlook on life. There is talk of peace, karma, acceptance and tolerance.

When you hear the word peace, do you think of war? Think of peace in smaller, more intimate thoughts. Living a peaceful life can affect everything you do. The way you respond to a slow, fast-food worker or a cell phone-impaired-driver that you are sharing the roadway with can bring peace into your life...or not. Can we live in peace and hold a grudge against others? Are we truly at peace if we harbor negative thoughts? Can you truly have a "peaceful protest"? Is individual peace really possible?

I have found that peace means something different to each of us. Many people don't attempt to live a peaceful life. There are many who believe they promote peace in the world, as they back stab one after another. We should all think about our actions. If not at the moment, then at a later time when you can ask yourself, "Is that the peaceful way?" Thankfully, I have friends and family who slap me in the face when I drop the peace ball. I don't know if complete peace in our lives is possible, but I feel better when I think peacefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home