Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm back! I wish I could randomly record my thoughts during the course of a day as opposed to stopping and banging away on this keyboard to enter my blog. I don't make time to blog as often as I'd like to, so some of the best junk floating through my head gets lost. I often wonder if anyone else sees my blog. Maybe, I could just as well write these thoughts on a sheet of paper, fold it into a paper airplane and set it free from a hilltop. Just as many people might enjoy it. For some reason I feel like things are moving in a good direction lately. On the surface it doesn't look that way, but I have a good feeling about things. The eternal optimist in me is showing up. COOL! The last two Thursdays at the Chesterfield have been killer shows, and the crowds have been decent. After some really poor turnouts on Thursdays, the last two have given me hope.

Anyone who has read my blog knows about my desire to create a real music scene in this cultural desert called Siouxland. We might be gaining some followers on this journey. It makes me smile to see all of the new faces each week at the Chesterfield. At the risk of sounding fake, it means alot to me when people spend a night at the club and leave with a big smile on their face. To hear them say..."I've never seen anything like that before, they were awesome"... is so cool. I feel like we have enlightened a person and brought a ray of light into their life. That's what live music has done for me for over 30 years. What a great thing, to share something you love with a group of strangers. WOW, I've never thought of this thing I do like this before. It gives me a different perspective on everything. WOW!

This is the coolest thing about writing a blog, it makes me put my thoughts down and helps me see things in a different light. If I do this everyday, I might get to know myself better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home