Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year! It's cool isn't it, everyone wishing each other "happy new year". The positive outlook is great. I'm just happy that last year is over and hopeful that 2007 is better. I've said that the last two years, but things haven't improved. We have gone through 3 of the toughest years of our lives. I have always believed that you make your own "luck". Obviously, I've made some poor decisions in the last few years. I'm a dreamer. I have chased my dreams for over 20 years. I think the ideas have been good, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As I approach 50 years old, I have to become a little more of a realist. I need to look at things from a different perspective, one of reality in Sioux City, Iowa. Instead of thinking that I can change people's attitudes, I have to give them what they want. I need to put my ideals aside, and conform a little bit, AAGGHHH! I won't give up my free spirit, I'll just disguise it more often. Maybe I could move somewhere that my dreams and ideals would bloom. Is there such a place? There must be somewhere.

Apparently it's true that God never dumps more on us than we can handle. Through it all, we smile alot, love alot and keep on keeping on. What are you gonna do? I read awhile back that life's struggles are opportunities for us to learn and help us make better decisions in the future. That being said, at some point, we should be extremely well prepared. Hopefully what we learn we can pass on to our children and grandchildren and it will lead them down a path to sucess.

As we go into 2007, we certainly have many things to be thankful for. A great relationship, wonderful family and friends, good health (all things considered), and the hope of things to come. The only way that I can expect things to change is by changing the things I do, the way I live, and the way I work. Change is tough, but I know I can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home