Thursday, December 28, 2006

Well Christmas is over, but the spirit remains. I feel good! The time off, the time spent with my family and the time in church was very much needed. Our grandkids were even in church for a short period of time, Jordan got jumpy after a while. It's a start.

I plan to make some changes after the new year. I'm not going to call them "resolutions", just plans. I want to re-align my daily schedule. I am going to spend more time on my graphics business and less time on the club. Like it or not, I have to devote more time to the area of my life that works. The music thing just isn't working. We need to change our plan to bring the people what they want, instead of trying to force feed them. "Let them eat cake." My goal is to make the Chesterfield balance by year end and then move on. I can't devote my soul to something I'm not passionate about. If we make the changes necessary to make it work, I won't dig the scene. Hopefully, some day in the near future I can get another live music gig going... something different, maybe somewhere different.

The idea works in many other Midwestern cities, but most cities aren't like Sioux City. I should have remembered the study that was done a few years ago documenting the social profile of Siouxland. A study done by the University of South Dakota, pointed out that Siouxlanders for the most part are uneducated, unsophisticated and fall into a very low income bracket. All of these things considered, a world class live music venue doesn't stand a chance. You have to be intelligent enough to recognize true talent, sophisticated enough to appreciate a wide variety of things and earn enough money to afford a $5 cover charge. That apparently leaves most Siouxlanders out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home