Monday, July 16, 2007

I took Friday off from work and it seems like an eternity since I was in my office last. I more or less took Friday off from life. I laid in bed until 2:00 pm! I got very drunk the night before... very drunk. I did go out amongst the living later in the day, but I was a zombie. Now, I'm back at it, and I'm still trying to gain my focus.

A while back I wrote... "I might love one of my sisters more than the other but...". After the fact I began to think, can you really love one person more than the other. Isn't love, love? Either you love someone or you don't...right? As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I'm sure there are different types of love. It may have been more correct for me to say, "I might love one of my sisters differently than the other but...". I'm comfortable with that.

Love is not a clear cut thing. There are many meanings for the word "love". Just another example of our abuse of the English language. Regardless of the different meanings, I believe that if you tell someone you love them, you have put them in a special place in your heart and your head. A place where they are foremost in your thoughts. Is there an order for these people? Who gets first consideration? You can't always keep all of these people at the front of the line, which might mean you don't always show them love. How far can you bend love before it breaks? When it breaks, can you pick up the pieces and put love back together, or do you have to start all over again? Just wondering.

I have taken a long hard look at myself over the last month or two, and it's surprising. I have thought for years that I knew myself, but I only knew the person that everyone sees and hears. I'm getting to know "me" better lately. It's not entirely what I expected. Pleased to meet me, again.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home