Thursday, July 05, 2007

It seems that Thursday is blog-day. Independence Day came and went with a loud bang. Think of all the money being burned or exploded on the Fourth of July. It's insane! We were out and about around 10:30 last night and the noise was endless as was the haze in the air.

I will always think of the Fourth of July parties we had in my early twenties. We would gather before noon to start drinking and smoking. The grill would heat up in the late afternoon with some of the crispiest brats you ever tasted. They were delicious, soaked in beer...mmm! Then as night fell, we would take turns lighting the various fountains and rockets that we all contributed to the cause. As the light show continued the buzz turned into part of the adventure. "Can Dave light this one without falling into the shower of sparks?"

We were all very early into our respective relationships at that time. Many of us maintain those relationships today. It's crazy, I have friends and a lover that I've had for over 30 years! I wish I saw my friends more often. I wish it was 1976 again. What a glorious time! It makes me sad thinking back on those days. Why did our lives have to become so different? Oh, how I long for NeverNeverLand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fuck you! I wish it was 1972! When I stumbled upon John Prine and Bonnie Raitt up in Mankato, Minnesota.

Thu Jul 05, 07:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home