Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Have you ever noticed how some people tend to over-analyze things? I was with a group of guys the other night and a couple of these guys turned a simple decision on how a piece of carpet was going to fit, into hours of discussion and measuring and walking off the room. It drove me crazy!!! I'm thinking, you can't make the carpet grow or the room shrink. It is what it is! This is probably a fault of mine, I don't give enough thought to things. I know that I've underestimated the importance of many sitiuations in my life. I look back over the years and realize that a friend was trying to convey something that means a great deal to them, and I've listened casually and totally forgotten within a short period of time. It is what it is, and I can't change that.

I have also seen lately that a change in circumstances can bring people's true colors to light. I know it's true with me. I've also seen it in other people close to me. I think that we become so caught up with day to day life that we begin to take things for granted. The once magnificent becomes mundane. Feelings that were like explosions of your soul become so insignificant that we don't even notice them. How sad is that? I think reviving those feelings and thoughts is the reason for certain events in our lives.

All of us have asked the question one time or another, "why me?" We've all been faced with an event that makes us wonder why is this happening. Possibly, something that seems to have no good purpose, happens to give us a wake up call. Unfortunately it may take something horrible in our lives to make us realize how blessed we are. Or maybe an event can make us aware of a side of us that we never knew, or maybe didn't want to know. Sometimes we discover a good side and sometimes a bad side. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. There have been many times that I couldn't see the reason. I have experienced many things in my life that I still don't know why they happened, I just keep believing that there is a reason.

Hopefully, before I see my final hour, I will understand the reason for my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home