Thursday, August 02, 2007

I can't seem to wake up lately. I might be getting too much sleep. Maybe it's my state of mind that says, "Just sleep, it's best." If the weather cools a little, I'll start walking and biking more. I think exercise would help.

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain... but I always thought that I'd see you again". That classic James Taylor song just played on the radio. It's crazy how a song you've heard hundreds of times can grab your soul like it was the first time you heard it. I was told that he wrote the song about a young woman he had made friends with while they were institutionalized in the late 60's. Back then if you had drug or alcohol problems they just locked you in a mental institute. There was nowhere else to go. That was before rehab became the multi-million dollar industry that it is today. I'm convinced there is no genuine interest in ending these problems in our society. Think of all the people that would be out of work if everyone stopped abusing drugs, alcohol and gambling.

Speaking of gambling... I was watching the boob tube a couple of nights ago and a commercial came on for some drug that helps with something or another. The narrator was going through the usual list of side effects when one of them caught my attention. "If you experience an uncontrollable urge to gamble, see your doctor immediately." I'm serious, it was a real commercial. I plan to watch for it, so I remember what the drug is. When I listen to the side effects from some of the drugs available I laugh. I would have to be very ill to risk going blind, bleeding internally or worse... gambling, just to have a hard on for four hours or feel "good" about myself.

As long as I'm on commercials. How about some of the tampon commercials. They are crazy. I like the one where the beautiful young lady is standing by a water tower that is about to burst and she saves the day by plugging the hole with her tampon. I'm sure women everywhere, would compare their "time" to an exploding water tower. I witnessed an actual event that would make a great tampon commercial. A group of us were drinking and playing with whipped cream one night at the Attic. As usually happens when you mix alcohol and whipped cream, someone gets hurt. This guy fell, hitting his head on a bar stool. We tried everything to stop the bleeding. The only thing that finally worked was duct taping his sister's tampon to his forehead. I have pictures to prove it. Now that would be a cool commercial. It might open a whole new market for tampons. Food for thought...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dude, I'm beginning to worry about you. Maybe you should just stay asleep!

Thu Aug 02, 12:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home