Friday, July 20, 2007

Well it's Friday, yet it doesn't feel like the end of a work week. For some reason, I am struggling to make sense of things. It may be Friday, but it's just another day to me. I guess it's the lack of structure in my life that makes it foggy. I don't get out of bed at any regular time, I don't go to bed at any regular time, I don't go to work at any regular time, I don't eat meals at any regular time and I get drunk any day of the week without regard to anything. That pretty much explains things. I should try some regularity in my life for a while, it might help. Does anyone have Metamucil for life?

I am saddened and alarmed by the recent news about a bluesman who passed away. Bill Perry died Tuesday, July 17 on the way to the hospital of an apparent heart attack. Bill was 49, the same age as me. I had booked Bill several times over the past 4 or 5 years. I was lucky enough to have known him as a good man and a killer guitar player and singer. I'll be interested to find out the details of his crossing over to the other side.

Every time I hear of young people leaving us, it makes me stop and think. I could be gone in the blink of an eye. None of us know when this part of our life will end. I wish I could stand at that final crossroad and have no regrets. Unfortunately it's too late for that. I'm not sure that is possible for anyone. All of us will probably have some regret in the final hours. There are certain choices in life that we may regret, whether we take the high road or the low road. Sometimes, you just can't win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home