Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am sad to report that the Chesterfield is for sale. The current owner called me yesterday and said that he is not going to renew the licenses or the lease to keep the business open. He is hoping to find a buyer in the next 30 - 60 days. It will be a shame if the coolest club to hit Sioux Town in 30 years has to close it's doors. As I have mentioned in previous posts, the community has not supported the vision. I think the Chesterfield is as "right" as a live music club could be. The musicians that have graced the stage have nothing but good to say about the club. Many touring acts and locals alike tell me that it is at the top of their list of places to play. The music lovers who have enjoyed the Chesterfield, thank us repeatedly for opening a club like this in Sioux Town. "It's just what this city needs!" I've heard that many times. Yet, when all is said and done, the numbers don't work.

I'll have a club again some day in the next year or two. It may not be in Sioux Town, but I'll do it again. I'm hooked on the live music, the musicians and the fans. I love the rush of putting together a show. The anticipation as the downbeat approaches is incredible for me. The look on people as the live music radiating from the stage reflects on their smiling faces. I love that.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home