Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm back. I started to blog a couple of times last week, but I couldn't expose the true thoughts running around in my head, so, I did nothing. Hell, I still can't sort out the thoughts in my head. I have always been able to make a decision and go with it, good or bad. Sometimes I regretted my decisions the next day, but I lived with it. Lately, I can't seem to reach that point. I need to sit in my thinking chair and think...think...thiiiiiink. (Just a little "Blues Clues" for you.)

Can we really make a difference in our lives or more importantly, other people's lives? A while back a rather spiritual friend of mine reminded me that none of us are all that important to the outcome of daily struggles of work and play. Over the years I have thought that I am important enough to make a difference. People have said things to me that made me believe that I mean something in their lives. It is very kind of them, but I am beginning to realize that it's rather egotistical of me to believe this. I plan to continue to be there for people when they need someone, but I will try to keep my ego in check. It takes some stress out of your life to acknowledge that you are just not that important.

Any of you who have read very many of my blogs know about my desire to create a live music scene in Sioux Town. Well, we had a live music sighting Saturday night that was very uplifting. Jimmy Thackery and the Drivers made an appearance at the Chesterfield and packed the house. It was wonderful! I felt as good as I have in quite a while. It is so cool when one of these shows actually works. There obviously is a large enough group of music lovers in this blue collar town to make it happen, they just hide very well most of the time. Are we on the path to enlightenment from the blessings of live music? We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home