Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sioux Towns' very own ren fest was last weekend and it was a rousing success! The crowds were great, the entertainment was cool and the atmosphere was awesome. We spent all weekend at the Kingdom of Riverssance. No cell phones, no watches, no television and no problems. It was like stepping into another world...I guess that's the whole idea. When everything started to wind down Sunday evening, I had very mixed feelings. I wanted to hang on to the spirit of it all. But, only a couple of days away, and reality has already slipped back in to my life. I wish we could keep life that simple. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible.

Well, I'm doing OK as a passenger. It's giving me a new perspective on things. I have to bite my tongue sometimes to stop myself from directing my driver every step of the way. How long will it take for me to stop instinctively pulling my keys from my pocket on the way to the car? I am enjoying certain aspects of being a passenger. I'm trying to relax and look closer at the world around me. There are things that I've been missing. It has made me think about relaxing and looking at my life from a different angle. I should stop trying to "drive" my life and sit back and go along for the ride. I might find out that there are things that I've been missing in my life as well.

Where would my life go if I truly became a passenger? This is a very confusing concept to me. Does it mean that I follow the little voices in my head? I have always tried to do what I thought was the "right thing". But, if I'm not driving, who decides what the right thing is? Do I just follow my heart? That sounds like trouble to me. One of my favorite sayings is "Let go and let God". I'm not sure I know how to, but I'm willing to keep learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home