Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Guilty."

That was my plea in court today. I had to practice saying that. I instinctively believe that I'm not guilty. I guess we all think we're not guilty. I think we all hate to admit we're wrong. Even though I didn't hurt anyone or anything, I was over the legal blood alcohol limit of .08. The law is the law, and I broke it, so I'll pay the price. I experienced another first today...a piss test. I've said many times..."I ain't gonna piss in no jar." Well, that changes when you're faced with jail time for refusal. It's a provision of my probation. I have to submit to a UA whenever the man (or woman in this case) asks me to, or I'll be violating my probation and I could face jail time. What a deal! I feel like a common criminal, and I really didn't do anything wrong.

I don't have any feelings of guilt over this DUI. I don't have any reason to feel guilty, but I plead guilty. Weird! I regret what happened because of the expense and the hassle. I regret putting my wife through all of this. She doesn't deserve this. I hope that I can make up for all of this.

I read about all of the celebrities that get busted for various drug and alcohol related events. It's no big thang to them. They have the money, they have the attorneys, they just keep doing whatever they want. Hell, jail time for them is nothing more than increased face time in the media. I was a little disappointed. I showed up for court today and there wasn't a single news channel there. I guess I should have spit on the officer or juggled a 2-year-old. Then I might have made the 10 o'clock news.

This too will pass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home