Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hello and welcome. Once again, I've seen proof that age is a state of mind. No matter what age people are, they still have the ability to be cool...or not. I party with a group of friends that vary in age by almost 40 years. Some of the 20-somethings are more cool than the 50-somethings. But, a cool guy in his 60's lands at the top of my list every time.

When I was in my teens, a person in their 60's was old! Visions of grandma come to mind. You know, we thought they were mean, they never smiled. I disregarded them. Man, was I ever wrong! I love cool older people. The older they are, the more I respect them. If a person has remained open-minded for 60, 70, 80 or more years, they deserve our respect. A 70-something person who tries to be part of life today, is really cool. I think a person reaching 64 today is much different than when my grandfather reached that age. What will my grandson be like when he is 64?

I have 14 years before I reach that milestone. A lot of things can happen in 14 years. I might not make it that long. My father died at 56. If we knew how long we were going to be stumbling around on this plane, would we live differently? I think we would. I would try to live my life with the same values, but it might affect some of my decisions. Since we don't know, we should live as if today was last day of the rest of our life. If I knew today was my last, what would I do? I think there's another blog in here somewhere.

Growing older is not an option, growing up is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home